Enter your Email

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Baba Ali's new board game ("Kalimaat")

Bismillah ar-Rahmaan ar-Raheem,



BUY KALIMAAT HERE


A few years ago I invented the board game, Mecca to Medina, which was a great success. Thousands of games were made and in short amount of time, the games were sold out. Alhamdulillah. At that time, my Reminder videos had just started to become popular so somehow I transitioned from making games to making videos.

About a month ago, I decided to revisit the world of game development and I figured if I'm going to release a new board game, I might as well release my favorite one :) So I made some phone calls, tweaked the game, and now as I type this blog post, my new game, Kalaimaat is being mass produced in China. I'm really looking forward to Kalimaat because I have seen the reaction of those who have got a chance to play it so far. I have taken it all over the United States, UK, and even Canada and have had nothing but positive responses. Kalimaat arrives here in the US in mid-July InshAllah.

In a nutshell, the game is word game played in teams of two. It's really fun and quite different than anything that is out there. I honestly believe that the best way of marketing is word of mouth and people are only going to tell their friends about quality product that they enjoy (no matter how much you try to advertise it). So in order for this game to be a hit, it really has to be good InshAllah. I have spent countless hours to put this baby together. Just like my first game, Mecca to Medina, the game can be played by both Muslim and non-Muslims and doesn't require previous Islamic knowledge to enjoy it. My problem with other Muslim board games is that they have ALL been the same (trivia-based). I mean there isn't anything wrong with trivia games but if one doesn't have the knowledge of the questions asked, then they have zero possibility of winning. Plus, if you're not Muslim, the game is basically pointless because you don't have the background to answer the questions. The funny thing is that every Muslim game developer has basically made the exact same board game which explains why so many of those games are played just a few times and then sit on the shelf to gather dust.

When I made Mecca to Medina, I wanted to make something different and unique. One of the vendors that played the game said he really liked the game but was doubtful that his customers would buy it because it wasn't trivia based. Not only did they buy it but the game quickly became the number one Muslim board game on the market. At one point, about 1/2 my games were sold to non-Muslims. Alhamdulillah.

I hope to repeat the same success with my new board game Kalimaat InshAllah. I'll keep you guys posted as we get an exact date on the shipment of the game.
AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Looking to get married?
Visit Baba Ali's Muslim Marriage site halfourdeen.com