Enter your Email

Sunday, August 05, 2007

Ummah Films Touring Dates

Bismillah ar-Rahmaan ar-Raheem,

I'm still getting calls and emails regarding my schedule for the Ummah Films screenings so I figured it would best to post it on the blog. I have been invited to Egypt, Australia, and Saudi Arabia but nothing is definite yet. Once something does get confirmed, then I'll post it on the blog. Otherwise, I'm just posting only the events that have been confirmed below. Unfortunately, I am unable to accept the majority of invitation because believe it or not, I have a normal job during the week and I'm trying to live a normal life. As you can imagine, working during the week and traveling every weekend, can quickly burn you out.

Almost all the Reminder videos are filmed late night (when everyone else is sleeping here) in order to reduce the possibility of the project becoming a burden upon others. Alhamdulillah, it has been a fun ride and I have enjoyed making these videos for myself and this Ummah. My favorite part of all the traveling thus far has been meeting my brothers & sisters around the world. Alhamdulillah, if there is one thing I can say about my experience thus far is that there is so many good people with big hearts in this Ummah. Alhamdulillah. It is truly an honor being a Muslim.

Honestly, I really don't do anything special at these events. Basically, I just show some of the Reminder videos and give my comments. Sometimes I give a talk about something and other times, I may do something unique (like a workshop or class). With every invitation, I give them my disclaimer but yet they still invite me lol. The coolest part of the whole experience is seeing the wide types of people who show up at these events. In one event, most of my audience was between the ages of 8 to 10 years olds (when they said "young audience" I didn't think they were that young lol but it was still cool) and another event one table had the Muslim Hip Hop brothers and the next table over had Salafi Brothers (not something you see type of people you see at the same event). In that same event you have both non-Hijabies and Niqabies. Finally, in a few of my events, I notice many nonMuslims in attendance which I found interesting. I mean I don't really explain Islam in my videos but what I learned is that non-Muslims see from the videos that we are human just like everyone else with our own problems and isues but with the difference that we see Islam as our solution, which may be the reason that they become curious about Islam. Alhamdulilalh, I have received many emails about people becoming curious about Islam from the videos which was the first step of them later converting to Islam. I can't take any credit for it though because the hearts are truly in the hands of Allah (swt). All we can do is try to be good examples InshAllah and leave the rest in the hands of Allah (swt). I continue to strive to improve my faults and try to become a better Muslim.

Anyways, here is my upcoming schedule from August to November InshAllah: (once again, I purposely try to leave certain weekends open so I visit family, spend time with friends, etc.):

August 11th (Toronto, Canada)
August 25th (San Francisco, CA)
August 31st (Chicago, IL)
September (Ramadan so I'm trying not to schedule anything)
October 12th, (Boston,MA)
November 24th & 25th (London, England)
November 31st (Tampa, FL)

JazakAllah khair

If you need to contact Ummah Films, please email info@ummahfilms.com

your brother in Islam,

Ali
AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Looking to get married?
Visit Baba Ali's Muslim Marriage site halfourdeen.com

15 Comments:

At August 05, 2007 9:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Salam Alikum wa Rahmatu Allah wa brakatoh,
baba Ali your doing a great job, jzak Allah khair and inshaAllah its all hasanat,
since both muslims and NON-muslims view your videos, i hope if you would do a video once about the niqabies, specially the once who live here surrounded with people stareing at them as if they were aliens, as u said "we are human just like everyone else with our own problems and isues but with the difference that we see Islam as our solution" thats what the niqabes are also,
anyways thats just a thought, jzak Allah khair again,
salam alikum wa rahmatu Allah

 
At August 06, 2007 4:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Slamz brother,
are you coming to the Global Peace and unity event in London in November?

 
At August 06, 2007 8:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay ur coming to tampa again! :-D can't wait

 
At August 06, 2007 9:38 AM, Blogger theOracle said...

How about coming down to Asia? I'm sure you have a cult following down here as well...

 
At August 07, 2007 12:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I appreciate what you do and i enjoy your films.. it gives me insight and makes me laugh at things i talk about all the time..i am extremely excited to hear you are touring... but what exactly is it that you do while touring..if you will be conducting a seminar, or convention sort of thing that would be awesome.. id gather up some of my friends and parents and we'd love to host you here in San Fran, Ca..well thank you... again

 
At August 08, 2007 10:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

NO WAY YOU"RE COMING TO TORONTO???

Salamu alaikum bro..lol

So where is the event going to be held in? Timing? I would really appreciate it if you could give me a couple of details about it. Looking forward to attend!

ws

 
At August 08, 2007 3:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's good to see such success with ummahfilm reminder series, it definately proves that Muslim want these kind of V-logs and there is a demand for such things.

And also very true for Non-muslims it does show that we are human, and we lead a normal life too. It gives a good positive image.

 
At August 13, 2007 6:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

salaams!
i was just wondering where exactly you'll be in san francisco, and what time...

 
At August 13, 2007 9:58 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Assalam o Alaikum Ali
There isnt Nov 31..I think you mean Dec 1.

 
At August 15, 2007 11:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Asalamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullah Wabarakatuhu

Your coming to the GPU 07 (or that is what I assume)? Alhamdillah! I was so angry with myself when i missed your last visit to the UK but it's so good to hear that your coming AGAIN! Anyway brother, keep up with your excellent work as your videos are not only hilarious but there is always a lesson to learn from them.

Wa Alaykum Salam Wa Rahamatullah Wabarakatuhu

 
At August 17, 2007 7:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

AL SALAM ALIKUM BRO

I WANTED TO KNOW HOW DO I GET TICKETS TO THE SAN FRANSISCO EVENT.AND PLESE POST IT ON YOUR WEB SITE BEFORE AUGUST 25 BECAUSE I REALLY WANT TO GO.

 
At August 21, 2007 10:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

as salaamu alaikum wa rahmatuAllahi wa barakatuh...
subhanAllah! u brothers at Ummah Films stay so busy in this Deen, masha'Allah! u make me feel like a lazy bum!!! lol
may Allah Subhana wa Ta'ala reward u all immensely for your efforts, and make it grow and grow and grow...ameen..
jazak Allah khairan!
was salaamu alaikum wa rahmatuAllahi wa barrakatuh

 
At August 26, 2007 3:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

salaams where exactly are you going to be when you come to england if you are holding events please pass them on

 
At August 29, 2007 6:55 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Assalamu Alikum
I have a Question...

Can you please come to Tokyo, Japan and hold some event. I Mean there aren't so many muslims...but I dont think your goal is to go somewhere where a lot of people would attend. The quantity doesn't really matter! I think it would be quite good. From what I see, because there aren't so many muslims, many muslims here "need a reminder".
If you have any questions, you can mail me at mariooma08@hotmail.com.
Thank you for your time!

Salam

 
At August 29, 2007 5:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Asalaamou `alaikum brother.

Mashallah great works. Keep it up, and may Allah help us to become just as strong as yourself, so we can pave the way clearer for the future generations to come inshallah, and help them to proudly hold high the flag of Al-Islaam; Ameen.

I wasn't able to attend your first show in London, but insh'Allah I will travel next time. Please do keep us informed about the dates and venues well in advance, on your site.

I agree with 'shahd' above, something for the "ninjabi's" (lol) would be great considering I am one myself, and I can say through experience that the difficulties we face isn't pleasant at all (it's much more than silly stares, I can assure you), and it's usually all due to their ignorance and lack of knowledge of our beautiful deen.

May Allah show you and your family the best of both worlds inshallah. And may Allah grant the whole of the UmmahFilms crew, Jannat al Firdaus insh'Allah.

Wasalaamou alaikum Warahmatullah,
Your sis, Zulaikha.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home