Enter your Email

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Workshop @ MuslimFest

Bismillah ar-Rahmaan ar-Raheem,


I was asked to give a workshop at MuslimFest. A long time ago, I was a kindergarten teacher (yeah Kindergarten!) but its been ages since I done any teaching. Anyways, in the workshop at MuslimFest I planning to show the process of making one of the Reminder videos. So they'll be setting up a camera, light, and a chair. I'm going to be bringing one of my scripts from a previous videos InshAllah and I'm going to spice up the session by having volunteers in the class do the lines instead of me. That would be cool huh? Since we only have an hour and video editing needs to be done as well, we'll be limited to doing just one part of one of the scripts. If everything goes smoothly, I hope to edit the video on the spot and show it at the Comedy show later that night InshAllah. Now I have figure out which script and which part would be ideal for the class to do :) (any suggestions?)

On a side note, the organizers have notified me that the class can only fit 30 people so its going to be based on who gets there first. Whoever does make it, I think we're going to have some fun!

MuslimFest is on August 11th (Canada)
AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Looking to get married?
Visit Baba Ali's Muslim Marriage site halfourdeen.com

15 Comments:

At August 02, 2007 2:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Salaam Ahlykoem,

WOOHOO first to react haha.
I think it's a great idea to have a workshop, to bad I can't be there. Nothing ever happens in belgium :-).

Why did you stop teaching?
I'm a Kindergarten teacher to, September will be my first year of working as a kindergarten teacher. :-)

Back to the subject :-D I hope everybody has a lot of fun at the workshop and everything go's well Inshallah.

Asalaam Ahlykoem

 
At August 02, 2007 7:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Asalamualaikum,
I think the script should be based on the age group. Like preteens it could be..i duno..drugs.. ?? lol and how they are haram. Teens it could be... Respect with girls and guys in highschool cuz u know...every1 is huggin all the time..and we cant do tht...although alot of our kids do :(. ..yea so it should be based on what age group you're dealing with :)

 
At August 02, 2007 7:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Assalam o ALaikum
I think he meant a script that he has already used in one of the videos....

 
At August 02, 2007 9:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats not hijab,
muslim ppl at work (hehehe...)
cleanliness ( heeyy boobbb)
25000 wedding

lool, gonna list them all..but can be one of the very funny ones!

So cool...it would be wicked for those 20 ppl iA.

 
At August 02, 2007 10:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

$25,000 wedding script bro!

 
At August 02, 2007 12:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Assalamu Alaikum,

That's not Hijaab or Cleanliness gets my vote. Other topics are mostly aimed at grown ups.

 
At August 02, 2007 1:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's not Hijaab

Cleanliness

 
At August 02, 2007 2:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thats not hijab in my opinion cos theres loads of opportunities for different ppl to do the different hijabs and so on :)

 
At August 02, 2007 8:32 PM, Blogger ummahfilms said...

Asalam alaikum,

" Thats not hijab"

 
At August 03, 2007 7:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thats not hijab is good because ppl can take turns acting out, i guess, each type of hijab...like mickey mouse hijab, hollow hijab etc.
salaam

 
At August 04, 2007 2:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

25000 dollar wedding!!!

2 bad i cant b der...curse my location!! :)

 
At August 04, 2007 10:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The haram Police... that would be realy funny for role playing hahaha

 
At August 15, 2007 3:37 AM, Blogger Chris Baines said...

I like the shot of the chairs. Nice composition.

 
At August 15, 2007 3:39 AM, Blogger Chris Baines said...

Hey, Aicha - you were the first to react on blogger: well done!

But I beat you to the post on Facebook, ha ha!

...no hard feelings, sis!

:)

 
At August 18, 2007 8:51 AM, Blogger SaaRa said...

Assalamualaikum :D

I WAS THERE!! It was so much fun! But just wondering, when and where will you be putting the video up?????? I cant wait :D!!! I want to see how much I screwed up ;)! :PP

 

Post a Comment

<< Home