Enter your Email

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Ummah Films' Updates

Bismillah ar-Rahmaan ar-Raheem,

Here are a few updates InshAllah:

1. I am in Chicago and Milwaukee so if you are sending me an email via facebook, it may take longer than normal to respond to (due to limited internet access). This post has the details of the events this weekend here.

2. For all those who couldn't make the "Evening with Ali" event in London, Islam Channel will be broadcasting it this Saturday the 14th of April at 7 p.m.

3. It looks like I don't have to work every weekend which is great news. I only have to work a few of them. That will give me a chance to finish up Season 2 InshAllah. I have the next video ready but I haven't had time to film it yet.

4. I often get asked if I'm coming to this or that city. Every time, an invitation is confirmed, I will post it on the website InshAllah. Also, many people have been sending their ideas for videos so I put a post where you can post your ideas InshAllah. This will make it more organized and easier to manage InshAllah

Ummah Films is not a business for me. I don't charge anything for coming to conferences or doing film screenings. The reward of the hereafter is far superior than anything I can get in this dunya so my only hope is that Allah (swt) accepts my intention and actions InshAllah. Its already hard enough to keep your attention pure when you have the spotlight so mixing money into this project will only make things complicated. The money made from DVD sales and shirt sales goes straight back to the project. If nothing is every made, then the money will be donated to the needy InshAllah. Thus, I have decided to play it safe and do everything for free InshAllah. As much as I would like to accept each and every invitation, its often difficult because there are other things happening in my life. I live a normal like everyone else and the only time I manage to even film the reminder videos are at night - sometimes when I'm suppose to be sleeping :)

I have decided to focus on making the Reminder videos and leave the movie making to the other brothers InshAllah. Thus I will not take any responsibility for anything other than the Reminder videos as each of the other brothers has full control over their own project. One thing I have learned in this process is that some Muslims view issues VERY differently but at the end we will each be accountable for our actions INDIVIDUALLY in front of Allah (swt). Thus, I don't want to be accountable for some other brother's actions especially when I was not part of that decision making.

Originally, I got involved with Ummah Films to make films but somehow something else came out of it. My passion was never to be a filmmaker or anything like that (that is why I never was involved with this stuff before) but rather my passion was to help the Ummah by making them think. Now that we have reached 1.5 million people who have watched the Reminder videos, so there seems to be a strong interest for it so I will focus ONLY on that until I feel that no more reminders are needed InshAllah.

I am not associated with anyone from Ummah Films nor their projects and if you want to judge me for my actions or my views, then do so on the one project that I am taking responsibility for, the Reminder videos.
AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Looking to get married?
Visit Baba Ali's Muslim Marriage site halfourdeen.com

12 Comments:

At April 14, 2007 3:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jazakallah brother for this excellent post.

The reminder series is a good way of helping people realise what Islam is about, and in a entertaining way. That's why it has been so popular so far, and i'm sure inshAllah the popularity of the reminder videos will increase each time a new one comes out, as long as ideas dont run out : )

I watched the evening with Ali on Islam channel, it was excellent. Can someone please post the interview on Saturday night live, and also the evening with Ali on youtube?

Mashallah at not making ummahfilms a business type thing, I think that's a good idea, one must do what each person is comfortable with.

I completely agree with you about:

"Thus, I don't want to be accountable for some other brother's actions especially when I was not part of that decision making. "

About:

"Now that we have reached 1.5 million people who have watched the Reminder videos, so there seems to be a strong interest for it so I will focus ONLY on that until I feel that no more reminders are needed"

No doubt brother there is a very strong interest in these reminder videos, even probably more so than a film on youtube. Maybe because we are living in the V logging generation!

I'm sure there are a lot of ideas for the reminder videos, for example clearing misconceptions of Islam to Non-Muslims, also addressing cultural issues, and issues we have as Muslims.

So i'm sure there will be plenty of topics available for the reminder series.

may Allah reward you for your work ameen.

 
At April 14, 2007 3:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

EsSalama Ali : )

MashaAllah bro you are right, at the end of the day we are all alone face to our actions...but if you have the time and are able to obviously.., please keep doing this great job inshaAllah, I mean you expose exactly the issues present in our community and try to open the eyes...with a note of humour mashaAllah : ).
But we can understand if you are busy and have other priorities, it's normal you have your proper life too, so don't worry : ) we understand : )
You take care bro, hoping to hear from you very soon inshaAllah.
May Allah SWT reward you for your hard work : )

Wasalama

your sister fillah Safia : )

 
At April 15, 2007 6:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How can you (the founder of UF) not be responsible for UF or associated with Uf's people???
If I may make some observances: I met Mahdi Ahmed near the irvine campus & after speaking with him and watching his one video (keeping it real) ... in my opinion he cannot make a movie. So I feel you should help him. Just my opinion. You may not post because its not a positive & kissy.
Maasalaam

 
At April 15, 2007 4:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Asalamua'alaikum Brother Ali:)

Your intention for making these videos are truly pure Alhamdulillah and may Allah bless you millions of times for filmmaking to benefit others and increasing knowledge for both the Muslim ummah and non-muslims. I would just like to mention that your videos really have made me think more on how we as muslims are in different surroundings as well as what issues we face. It's also fun to talk about the Reminder series with other friends who watch them, and there's a lot who do, MashAllah.

So Insha'Allah you'll be able to keep up your great humor and spread more knowledge to your viewers by continuing Ummah filmmaking.

May Allah reward you and help you with all your great work, Ameen.

Ma Salaam

 
At April 17, 2007 2:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

'An Evening wth Ali' will be shown on Saturday 21st April at 9pm and repeated on Tuesday at 7pm , this will be the entire event (Islam Channel)

 
At April 17, 2007 2:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

'An Evening wth Ali' will be shown on Saturday 21st April at 9pm and repeated on Tuesday at 7pm , this will be the entire event.

 
At April 17, 2007 5:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Asalam alaikum,

and the link is :

http://www.islamchannel.tv/streamVideo.aspx?media=mp&conn=bb

You must have a CABLE or DSL internet connections for this link for better quality. Jazakaum Allah

 
At April 17, 2007 8:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Asalam alaikum,

Watch the Ummah Films Promo on Google Video:

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=2558035052495979683&pr=goog-sl

Wa salam alaikum

 
At April 21, 2007 4:51 PM, Blogger Hafidha Mia said...

assalam aleikum warahmatullah

I really enjoy and learn from the remiders, I am glad you will continue to make them.I like your honesty, and the reminders are good at making me become more honest with myself.alhamdulilah.

 
At April 21, 2007 4:57 PM, Blogger Hafidha Mia said...

Assalam aleikum warahmatullah

I really enjoy and learn while watching the reminders, I am glad you'll continue making them.I like their honesty, may Allah reward you for doing such a great job.alhamdulilah.

 
At April 28, 2007 6:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Salam Dear Brother Ali,

May Allah continue to bless you for what your intentions and purity of heart, insha-Allah.

 
At June 07, 2007 10:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

salam,me and my family just saw your films on islam channel last wknd lovd it brother couldnt stop laughing. plz keep it going. we will all make dua. wassallam. kefayet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home