Enter your Email

Monday, April 30, 2007

Sticking wtih the Reminder Series

Bismillah ar-Rahmaan ar-Raheem,

When Ummah Films was first launched, I figured I could work on numerous projects at the same time. As time went by, I realized that it wasn't realistic. Many projects require a team of individuals to put something together and as much as we tried putting people together for one film project after another, nothing seemed to work out. At the end of the day, I found myself in front of my camera doing monologue videos. Since I would write, film, edit, and produce the series myself, it didn't require a team of individuals for each filming and thus if the video didn't get done, there one person who could be blamed was me.

These days I find myself traveling to one city after another talking about the series which has consumed a lot of my normal free time. Thus, the release of the videos have been expanded from weekly videos to monthly videos. I wanted to set goals that were realistic and Alhamdulillah I have been able to stick with them. I have been asked via email and in person to continue making the videos because of its impact. As much as I want to work on other film projects, I am usually asked to lead those projects and I honestly can't lead more than one project at a time efficiently. I have decided to focus on only the Reminder series in order to stay consistent. Once I have exhausted the topics which I feel is relevant, then I hope to start a different project InshAllah.

There are other brothers who are working on other projects under the banner of Ummah Films. Like me, they are creative freedom as long as they stay within the framework of halal entertainment. The goal is to keep our intention straight InshAllah. I hope each project is successful but of course, that success is out of our hands. At the end, I don't want Ummah Films to be limited to just the Reminder series and I hope it expands to other film projects.
AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Looking to get married?
Visit Baba Ali's Muslim Marriage site halfourdeen.com

6 Comments:

At May 02, 2007 4:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

True working on one thing is better than working at a lot of things, and not doing them at the best of your ablity.

It's better to have 1 Amazing product, then 3 good products.

These reminder videos are excellent mashallah, and they deffinitely should be continued, and ofcourse you have a normal life like all of us, so even having a monthly reminder video is excellent! It would be worth the wait.

 
At May 03, 2007 9:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with the commentator above...it really is better to have 1 amazing piece of work! In my opinion, that's exactly what you've achieved so far, brother! Keep it up and don't let anyone tell you otherwise!

Wa salam

 
At May 03, 2007 9:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Assalaamu alaykum bro,

One thing my mother always said to me is that consistency is the key to success, with Allahs Will, in whatever you do. From your Deen to Duniya.

My mummy gave me a similie about being consistent and seeing its effect over a long period of time rather than a few short bursts over a short time span.

She told me that its like water boring through a stone. Drop after drop after drop until a thousand years go by and the water has worn away at the stone leaving a perfect circular hole (if you go to any waterfall youll see this amazing phenomenon).

Anyway i guess my point is that inshaAllah any work regarding Dawa that you do is good inshaAllah and that being consistent in these videos (or whatever films u intend to make inshaAllah) will remind us what we need to keep in check and be better Muslims. For our sole purpose of existance is:
"And I (Allâh) created not the jinn and mankind except that they should worship Me (Alone)." (51:56)

Lol... sorry if i seemed to be lecturing... i went off on a tangent there.. but "i'm speaking to myself before speaking to others" :)

Jzk. Take care everyone

Wasslaamu alaykum

Sana
from London

 
At May 23, 2007 4:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Salamu Alaikum,

I certainly agree with all the previous comments, its difficult enough to juggle more then one project and not expect a loss of quality. It is without a doubt when you’re focused at a target which is feasible and manageable the end result will reflect highly on the effort made.

Keep it up brother and I will look forward to your new video blogs with eagerness.

United We Win
Divided We Lose

Wassalamu alaikum

 
At June 12, 2007 9:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mo, continue to be an example of responsability and consistancy. Allah t'alla loves the things we do consistently. Your dedication to the akhira, yours and that of your fellow Muslims is breath taking. I wish that I could donate to the project but I can't however I intend to spread the word. Hoorah for Jihad! Yours is exemplary. cherenancy/halima in montreal

 
At June 12, 2007 9:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I said Mo but meant Bubba Ali, however all Muslim brother's first names are Mohammad anyway, so I hope it still applies. Allah knows the intention. cherenancy/halima in Montreal

 

Post a Comment

<< Home