Enter your Email

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Coming up with a logo

Bismillah ar-Rahmaan ar-Raheem,

Ummah Films needs a logo. Something simple and easy. I came up with these four but wasn't sure if they were cool enough so contacted imanstudios.com to get some help.

In other news, I continued writing for "Coming up North". I have heard of and actually participated so many funny experiences that its easy coming up with dialogue for this flick (yes most of this is based on actual events that have occurred). Actually, the tough part is figuring out what I should include so the script doesn't become too long. Something very similar to the following part of the script happened years ago but its still funny when I think about it (especially the reaction of the driver)

MUSA
You know what, we should stop for Asr InshAllah
HAMZA
I got extra prayer rugs so you can just pull over anywhere here.
SHAREEF
Actually, I need to make withu
YUSEF
Me too
HAMZA
I got withu
MUSA
What do you mean you guys have to make withu? The windows are up!
(Hamza starts laughing)
SHAREEF
So...
MUSA
So.....YOU guys had withu when we stopped to prayer Zhur. And its freezing cold outside so the windows have been up.
SHAREEF
And...
MUSA
And...now your telling me you don’t have withu? The windows never came down. You are breakin’ withu in my car with the windows up! Man, the heater has been on and the air has been circulating...That's just pure nastiness!
(Hamza continues to laugh even more)

YUSEF
Everyone breaks withu. Its a natural human process. The human anatomy...
MUSA
Save me the details. I don’t want to hear it
Musa puts on his hat pretending to be a captain (of his car, that is)
MUSA
Thank you for flying Air Musa, this is your Captain here. It looks like we are heading into some cold weather. Please hold on.
Musa lowers both windows in the back of the car and the cold air hits both Shareef and Yusef. Shareef & Yusef try to pull the windows back up but Musa has already disabled their access (child lock)
YUSEF
You made your point. Can you please put the windows back up
SHAREEF
Yeah. C’mon bro. I’m freezing.
MUSA
(tapping Hamza’s shoulder) You see this brother right here. Man of steel. Kept his withu. He’s a convert, learning Islam, has less withu holding experience, and still out withu’d both you guys. This is why he sits up here in 1st class why you guys sit in coach.
(Hamza continues to laugh)
MUSA
Why are you laughing?
HAMZA
Cuz you hilarious bro.
Suddenly Hamza stops laughing.
MUSA
What?
HAMZA
What-what? What do you mean what?
MUSA
Why did you stop laughing?
HAMZA
Cuz I had withu
MUSA
What do you mean you HAD withu?
HAMZA
It went away. You kept cracking me up. I don’t got withu anymore. Don’t blame it on me...I had it before all your captain stuff.
MUSA
(shaking his head) Hi, this is your captain here again, I have just been notified that the cabin pressure has just dropped due to a gas leak in 1st class. Thank you for flying Air Musa.
The camera zooms outside and watches the car carrying the four brothers drive away
AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Looking to get married?
Visit Baba Ali's Muslim Marriage site halfourdeen.com

6 Comments:

At February 23, 2006 5:33 AM, Blogger Zehra said...

hahaha.

 
At April 15, 2006 5:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! nice going!

 
At August 03, 2006 3:03 PM, Blogger Chris Baines said...

Ah... only reverts can experience the breaking of the wudhu. I bet the only time you keep it is during Ramadhan

 
At August 20, 2006 1:09 AM, Blogger Luqman said...

Hilarious!

 
At August 25, 2006 4:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

u guys r jokes!! lol keep up da gud wrk

 
At August 30, 2013 2:23 PM, Anonymous tracy.rose@healthline.com said...

Hi,

Healthline.com recently launched a free interactive "Human Body Maps" tool your readers may be interested in. You can find it at: http://www.healthline.com/human-body-maps

It would be much appreciated if you could include this tool on http://ummahfilms.blogspot.fi/ and / or share with friends and followers. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you in advance.

Warm Regards,

Tracy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home