Enter your Email

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Starting Ummah Films

Bismillah ar-Rahmaan ar-Raheem,

I've been searching the web and haven't really found many Muslim Film companies out there. I read a lot of about people talking about doing this and that but it seem that there are many Muslim Film companies with anything on the web. I tried googling and searching forums and didn't find much.

So why not make our own films? Yeah!

Now I need a crew. Started sending emails to brothers, made a few calls, and I got a list of people who said they were down to help. Unfortunately, one of the weaknesses that many of have (including myself) is that we overcommitted to too many things. After the filtering process (figuring out who was serious, had the time, and was down to stick with it no matter what), we ended up with a four man film crew.

Now we need a name. First, I started making a list of what names would fit the type of films we wanted to make. I want to make films that the Ummah can relate to. I cross checked the list with domains which were available and I chose: "Ummah Films". Bought the domain name, hooked up the hosting, and UmmahFilms.com is now live! (well, kind of) Since all we have is a domain name (no films yet), the ummahfilms.com name is pointing back to this blog. The last thing I want is website with a bunch of "under construction" pages (very annoying).

I figure there are people out there who want to start making movies but since I have no idea where to start and what is involved to put a film together, I think the blog may be very interesting. I'm brand new to all of this and I have done nothing more than amateur stuff, this is going to be a new experience for me. Get ready for a crazy ride!
AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Looking to get married?
Visit Baba Ali's Muslim Marriage site halfourdeen.com

3 Comments:

At July 28, 2006 4:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw this Post. I figured no one has read this one at all. Looking back to January when this all started, subhanAllah. Your intentions were so pure they got you this far masha Allah. I pray you read this comment and find some serenity in your heart that Allah provides for the one whose intention is pure. May Allah help you in your quest to make more of these movies which will bring the Ummah together insha Allah. Please keep all of us in your Dua, the ones who live in America and are Muslim, and maybe even have a desire to go study more Islaam, but dont have anyone to encourage them or push them to do it. Please make dua for me. Its really truly amazing that noone responded to your initial post yet. I think im hinting at , "Hey look at me IM special!" Lol. Much love bro. Even though youll never know who I am. Take care. As salaamu alekum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

 
At August 26, 2006 1:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooo my gosh i saw the videos at youtube.com. Man ur a natural.Inshallah u will go far with this Ummah films idea. u asked us to come up with ideas aay so one related to seasonal muslims is girls who wear scarf only when its ramadan haan? or girls who wear scarf and wear a short skirt, watsup with that.ok this customer came up to me,she was wearing a scarf and her son i assume, he orders a chicken club sandwich, haan? u know chicken club sandwich has bacon. well i told them it has bacon on it but they STILL ordered it! u know what, it would sound weird but after watching all the 9 episodes my sister asked me what time Zuhar prayers start tomorrow and guess what she doesnt pray. U r good influence on us man, keep it up.
Allah hafiz.

 
At November 09, 2006 2:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

salamz mashallah its really good to see u have such great ideas, many ppl have ideas and remain ideas but alhamdulilah ur not one of those ppl though

 

Post a Comment

<< Home