Enter your Email

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Ebay Con-artists

Bismillah ar-Rahmaan ar-Raheem,


Being brand new to making films, I figured I should start off by finding what equipment I needed. I started googling the web, reading, doing research and came up with a list of stuff that would be ideal.

I found most of the small stuff on Ebay and B&H Photo/Audio but when it came down to buying the XL2 Camera I found a lot of bait & switch con-artists on the web. One guy tried take standard parts out of the box and sell them to me. Its like going to Honda dealership and the salesman selling you a car with no tires, even though its known that tires comes free with the car. Amazing! Another joker wanted to charge $300 for shipping (keep in mind other vendors ship between $39 to $69). And of course we had more than one vendor who took the standard camera apart and replaced the standard parts with cheapers parts. And finally one vendor was trying to convince us that the camera doesn't work unless you buy the "extra accessory" that he sells. Haha....Are you kidding me?

I only found 1 vendor on Ebay that was for real deal but he still wouldn't let go without a fight. Do you want a warranty? No. Do you want insurance? No. Do you want accessories you don't need? No. Do you want the camera? No. I mean yes. Agrr... Anyways, the camera was ordered and it should be here by Friday InshAllah. I'm excited!
AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Looking to get married?
Visit Baba Ali's Muslim Marriage site halfourdeen.com

2 Comments:

At July 21, 2006 7:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what kind of deal did you get brother on the camera I'm trying to get the same...

 
At February 03, 2007 6:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol i like ur ending

 

Post a Comment

<< Home