Enter your Email

Monday, June 04, 2007

Ummah Films Update

Bismillah ar-Rahmaan ar-Raheem,

We are just a few days away from the release of the second to last episode of the Reminder series, "The Haram Police".

I apologize for the lack of posts as I have been traveling to different cities. The first season was much easier because I would turn on the camera and speak my mind whenever something new came up. These days, I find myself traveling to cities all around the world and presenting the Reminder videos which has really taken up my weekends. Thus it has slowed down the speed I make these videos. Unlike other speaker/entertainers, I have a normal life and my free time use to be weekends (key word: use to be). What is amazing is when I come across the Reminder videos in various events which I'm not even part of, including non-Muslim events. I got an email today from an event that was held in Romania by non-Muslims and the clip shows the Reminder videos on the big screen in their event. The email noted that there was a very positive response from the crowd Alhamdulillah. The other day my neighbor came up to me and said "are you famous"...I was like "uh what?"...then they told me "your picture is in the newspaper". Yeah that was strange..especially since I had no idea about the article.

Anyways here are some updates:

1. The status of the Ummah Films shirts is SOLD OUT.... :) In the last event, 165 shirts went in less than 30 minutes! Congratulations for all those who got their hands on one but I'm sorry to say that we have no more shirts for sale. I think the last event that we'll have shirts selling at will be ISNA (Chicago). For all those people who love to bargin with high price sellers, I'm not selling $30 t-shirt but rather the shirts are very reasonable priced and since they seem to be popular, I suggest you get yours the first day instead of the last day. Otherwise, I may not have any left. The last event only had a few hundred people. ISNA has 30,000 people and I'm only thinking about 200 to 300 shirts (if that).

2. As much as I love traveling and meeting brothers/sisters from around the world, it has taken its toll on me. I'm officially burned out. I have plans to visit four more cities and then I'm think I'm completely done InshAllah. This will be the last of the Ummah Films tour.

London, UK (not yet confirmed)
Sydney, Australia (not yet confirmed)
Chicago, US (confirmed)
Toronto, Canada (not yet confirmed)

3. The entire Season 1 & Season 2 will be coming out on a Dual DVD set package in August InshAllah. Just like everything else sold at Ummah Films, it will be reasonable priced.

Sometimes when I'm hanging out with my friends and if all experienced something interesting, I'm picked to "tell the story" because I tell the same story but with sense of humor for the one person who missed it all. With the videos, its the same things. Often times, you can find humor in many things you go through but there isn't comedy in everything. I think the Season Finalle will be more on the serious side.

At the end of the day, I'm not here to make everyone laugh but more importantly its about the message. Sometimes I turn on the camera and I'm in a silly mood while other times, I'm more in a serious mood. Just like everyone else, I'm a human being and have both funny and not-so-funny days :)

I often get asked why did you become Muslim. What triggered you to give up your lifestyle for Islam. In the Season Finale, I will tell you.

Ali
AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Looking to get married?
Visit Baba Ali's Muslim Marriage site halfourdeen.com

20 Comments:

At June 04, 2007 2:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

jazaka Allah kayr.
Thanks for everything.

 
At June 04, 2007 5:17 PM, Blogger Meraj said...

second to last episode of the entire series... didnt season 2 just start? i thought you said youd continue working on "The Reminder" for some time still?

 
At June 04, 2007 5:40 PM, Blogger Baba Ali said...

Season 2 has a total of 8 episodes InshAllah. 6 have been released so far.

The next one will be this week (#7) and the season finale (#8) will be next month InshAllah.

Season 1 had shorter videos and a total of 10 were made. Season 2 has longer videos and a total of 8 are being made. I'm not sure yet if I will do a Season 3. If so, I will finish up the marriage series InshAllah.

 
At June 05, 2007 3:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done brother, im pleased for you , you have put a lot of effort in. Mashallah.

Jazakallah Khair

 
At June 05, 2007 4:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Salam
Mashallah Bro! You have done the world good! :D so many millions are effected by your videos. May Allah bless you, your family and your work! I am extremely sad to hear you are ending but all the things you have done are just great! Jizakallah Kair [like a billion times!!] My bro and I reli love u and ur vids! :D :D Inshallah you will be coming to Toronto! I definitly will be there no doubt about it :D

Jizakallah Kair once again.

Salam,
Hira Rashid

 
At June 05, 2007 8:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Salama !!!

So glad to hear from you bro Ali, and so glad to see that you'll be back in London inshaAllah, u better let us know!! loool
On a serious note, I think you did a great job, mashaAllah, honestly, even if you decide to stop which I will respect !! (even if I don't want to lol)
You are right, we should not take only the funny side of your videos, but also we should understand the message behind it and try to do better!
Again bro Ali!!! BarikaAllah ou fik : )
May Allah swt rewards you : )
Take care of you and everyone around : )

Safia

 
At June 05, 2007 12:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As-salaamu 'alaikum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatu,

I'd just like to tell you, jazakAllahu khair for your efforts! :)
I understand how much time all this stuff takes... but I'd also like to say: please don't stop! Not totally, anyway... even irregular released videos would be much appreciated.

Last week my dad decided to show a couple of the vids to the older class at our Madrasah, and masha'Allah, the kids (teens) loved it! 'Tis an excellent way to get the message across to them in a way that they get and can appreciate...

BarakAllahu feek!

-Mouse

 
At June 06, 2007 4:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

brother I cant wait till your Season Finale because that sounds like a excellent topic (from what I read before). If it's anything like season 1 finale, then it's gonna be excellent inshallah.

No problem about the lack of posts! If you're busy, then you're busy.

No doubt if you are doing that much events then you would feel burnt out!

My opinion is that due to Web 2.0 these events aren't absolutely necessary. Ofcourse there's nothing as good as a live event, and it promotes ummahfilms.

But due to things like youtube the video can be watched easily all around the world.

I think what would be easier for promoting these films is for example Muslim magazines to feature UF'S, and interview by email/phone, that would make it easy for you, and help to lead to normal life.

But i'm sure if you keep on producing these videos with good messages, and positive stuff, then people will find out about it someway.

Also another way is you could get other Muslim channels to show shows like 'An evening with Ali' which was on islam channel.

And very true it doesn't always have to be funny.

 
At June 06, 2007 4:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please brother do a season 3!

You can still lead a normal life as I stated above, just produce a video in your own time, whether that's once a month or once in a whilst! As long as there is a season 3.

 
At June 06, 2007 4:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brother Ali,

Thank you so much for creating these videos, you have affected my life in ways I can not describe on this blog. Thank you so mych for everything. I know this is very time consuming, put please even if it is one video every 3 months, don't stop making them!

I love watching these. Thank you so very much. May Allah (swt) bless all that you do.

Asalamulikum,
Your Sister in Islam

 
At June 07, 2007 1:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please do tell if u r coming to Sydney! been longing to meet the ummah films crews, Insya Allah.

 
At June 07, 2007 12:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

asalam alaykum ! i would like 2 make a comment about ur marriage series , their good mashallah but i also some reality about the actual 'marriage' is not raised , marriage is not chocolate and vannila , its not half ur deen becuase u 'just' got married . its alot of hard work thats why the increase of divorce has been happening is becuase ppl rush into it without realising the real meaning of marriage im not talking abt bills thats just outside . the real test of marriage is well are u willing 2 let go of ur ego ? wen it comes to ur partner ? r u as a husband willing 2 be patient with ur wife when she gets into one her moods ? marriage can teach u or break u ...u can choose which one ..i hope that made sense ? walkum wasalam

 
At June 07, 2007 12:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

salams..their just one point i just missed their ..' a break down of marriage is not a lack of love rather its a lack of friendship ' u can stay with someone if u have a friendship but if u have love and no friendship then its tough . i just hope the next video u make on marriage explains in depth what ur gona get urself into when u get married ...it can be paradise or it can be hell its all how u choose 2 make it ..marriage is half ur deen because it can teach u alot of abt urself . it can make u a better person or it make u worse its all how u choose 2 handle :)

 
At June 07, 2007 2:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

JazakAllah brother may ALLAH swt reward you and your family greatly for your efforts with ummah films.

Without the support of your family im sure this would not have been so easy for you, may you all be successful in this life and the next.

Keep up the good work. looking fowrd to next video.

BarakAllah Feek

 
At June 08, 2007 9:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you don't do a season three, i just wanted to say a personal thanks because you work is truly inspiring and i mean that genuinely not in a movie awards kind of way.
Take Care.
Asalamalaykum.

 
At June 09, 2007 7:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alli iss there any way by which i can download your new blog "The Haram Police" becos its not playing over here in my PC

Wassalam-u-Aalikum

 
At June 10, 2007 8:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the best way to contact ali about downloading his video is to contact him via facebook www.facebook.com

just search for baba ali

i'm sure he will give you a link to download his new video

 
At June 12, 2007 2:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Salam,
your efforts have truely been recognised, be the people and especially by ALLAH. InshaALLAH you continue with this gift ALLAH has given you and may HE keep you in the best of health and imaan.

 
At June 12, 2007 2:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please continue...ALLAH will help you through your tough times. Its very few people who shine in their talents. We've seen many good scholars, etc, but your ideas seem to appeal to the muslim youth. I think you had great courage to start out the way you did and inshaallah you should carry on, even if its a bit slower this time.

 
At June 15, 2007 4:45 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Assalaamu`alaikum bro

What are your dates for the Australian tour?

I'm from Singapore and I'll be in Sydney and Melbourne between Aug 5 - 17 inshaa'Allah and I do hope I'll be able to catch you there bi idhniLlah!

Keep on remindin'! Cheers, jk!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home