Enter your Email

Monday, March 15, 2010

Muslim Funnymentalists in Memphis

Bismillah ar-Rahmaan ar-Raheem,


Although I do the majority of my touring solo, I sometimes team up with Aman Ali and Asif Ali (no relation) and we tour as The Muslim Funnymentalists (www.funnymentalists.com). Last week, we did a show in Memphis and the event organizers advertised the show on a bunch of billboards. Being that the south hasn't always been non-white friendly (this is where they killed Martin Luther King), we weren't show who was going to show up at the event. Alhamdulillah the event went really well. About 40% non-Muslims showed up and they had a blast (not literally but you know what I mean). The show was oversold and by the crowd's reaction, it looked like everyone had a great time. They sold out early and over 200+ tickets were sold on top of that which made things a little hectic for the organizers.

After the comedy bits, they had a panel discussion where parents/youth were able to bring up issues for discussion. The topics were relative and that made the discussions interesting.

The crowd was amazing and I really enjoyed meeting everyone there. The southern hospitality was awesome. Next week, I'll be in Durham, NC.
AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Looking to get married?
Visit Baba Ali's Muslim Marriage site halfourdeen.com

6 Comments:

At March 16, 2010 6:15 AM, Anonymous Angie said...

Alhamdu-lillah! I think that's great! I really dont have a comment, but I would like to know when You would be coming to the Philadelphia area. Insha'allah it will be this spring or summer. May ALLAH(swt) bless you for the work you are doing for his sake.

 
At March 16, 2010 12:15 PM, Blogger Baba Ali said...

I may be coming to Kent State University in Philli on April 22nd InshAllah.

 
At March 16, 2010 2:43 PM, Anonymous lin said...

any plan to do a tour at downunder..new zealand / australia? we would love to have you there!

 
At March 18, 2010 9:05 AM, Blogger Baba Ali said...

I toured Australia last year (Brisbane, Sydney, and Melbourne) and the experience was amazing. If I get invited for another tour, I think I'll definitely come. Currently, my schedule is pretty much booked from March to mid-May.

 
At April 15, 2010 1:30 AM, Anonymous Naima said...

Asc Baba Ali, if you are coming to Australia, please come to Perth, Western Australia. We would love to have you here. Jazak-allah

 
At May 10, 2010 1:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Assalam Alaikum brother, will you come to Chicago any time soon. It will be great to have you here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home