Enter your Email

Friday, June 22, 2007

Ummah Films covered by the Guardian (UK)

Bismillah ar-Rahmaan ar-Raheem,

The Guardian (UK) contacted me last week to do an interview about the Reminder Videos. Alhamdulillah I have had the opportunity to do many interviews from all around the world about the videos but the Guardian was the biggest so far in the UK. According to their traffic stats, they have over 16 million unique users and about 159 million page impression each month on their site. That's crazy!

Anyways, only parts of the interview made it to the final cut (out of my hands since they edit it). I accepted the interview with the hope that it would help get the Reminder videos to their audience. Nevertheless here is the piece.

In other news Taqi fixed the podcast problem so all the iPod viewers should be able to watch the Reminder videos again on their iPods now InshAllah. Apple.com approved the Reminder videos last year and they can be found in the iTunes store by searching for "Ummah Films".
AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Looking to get married?
Visit Baba Ali's Muslim Marriage site halfourdeen.com

7 Comments:

At June 22, 2007 3:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello there, Man!

I've followed you from YouTube --you're hilarious and as someone else put, "as much informative."

Looking at your blog-thing I realized you and I may have some common interests. So, well, for now just the humble invitation to my blog, at

www.SocialResearchProject.tk
(You can also click on my user name here --"TheAuthor".)

If I can be of any help to you, let me know (not sure how could I help, but as immigrants in industrialized countries we may share about the same concerns...

--with the difference that I don't believe in God, but well...)

Ciaos,

Michael

 
At June 22, 2007 2:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

assalaam-o-alaikum brother

just wanted to say dat ur doing such a great job....mashAllah, im sure u already know that, but just in case U forgot! hehe.....really.. u r hilarious and at the same time very true in ur videos...keep it up!

Allah hafiz

-from a sister from denmark!

 
At June 22, 2007 4:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ali, I just listened to the Guardian piece. They didn't do a bad editing job, I thought. I've had some experience with the MSM, and they could have done a number on you with the editing, but they didn't appear to have done that. Of course I didn't hear the original, complete version, but judging from what you say in your own vids, it seemed ok.

DemiJersey (one of the 30%!) :)

 
At June 22, 2007 11:47 PM, Blogger MASJID LUQMAN said...

As Salaamu alaykum,
Maashaa Allah, UmmahFilms is off the chain. May Allah (swt) aid you in using your fame to help in our efforts to revive this Ummah.

 
At June 24, 2007 4:19 PM, Blogger Robert Nichols said...

I just have a quick question. I would like to know where you brought that shirt that that says" Muslim on in off the Court?" really nice shirt would like to buy one.

thanks
Omar Raheem

 
At June 24, 2007 4:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just have one question. Why are we so focused on wat people say about Islam? Why not let our actions speak. When there is people in need without food and water. Why not show people what Islam really is or what it is about by getting together and providing for the less fortunate?

I am 14 years old and a Bosnian muslim. I live in Missouri. I just saw your video "Who Hijacked My Religion" and it made me think.

If u are angered at my question I apologize for that.
Thank You for you time!

if u need to get back at me or something my email is as followed:
edo_majjka10@yahoo.com

 
At July 13, 2007 12:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Assalamu Alaikum #

i just wanted to say that, you are verrry funny, but quite a good muslim, which i thought were being rare these days, but i see that they are not, i always thought that new muslims are the better muslims, then the already muslims, if you know what i mean, as i am right, you would not have guessed, that with your knowledge, you were a convert, this shows true dedication in you.
by the way jus a quick question, how long did it take you to pray the quraan fluently?? i mean, could you already read arabic? and a bonus understand it?
1 of ur many sistas in islam, (mayb not by blood, lol)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home