Enter your Email

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Never trade a Light Saber for a plastic bat with a kid. Period

Bismillah ar-Rahmaan ar-Raheem,

This was shot with a cheap miniDV with poor lighting (sorry). I wasn't even sure if I could pull it off (that's why I didn't care much about the quality it was going to be filmed in). I figured how to do in AE. If you are interested, just post a response in the comment section and I'll explain. Otherwise, I don't want to type out the instructions just for the sake of it. One thing to keep in mind is that the process isn't hard but its VERY time consuming. I would say at least 1 hour of work for 10 seconds of light saber footage.

By the way, I'm have no plans of making a Star Wars parody. Personally, I think the Ummah has enough knock-off parodies (that's a post in its own) but I do think we can use light sabers as weapons in a film (might be cool) as long as we don't copy the Star Wars storyline.






(the file is about a 1 megabyte..give it a chance to load)
Btw, in the original footage, the little girl was holding a stick but I used After Effects to convert it to a light saber.
AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Looking to get married?
Visit Baba Ali's Muslim Marriage site halfourdeen.com

5 Comments:

At May 12, 2006 3:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

salam alaikum,

man that is so cool!

 
At May 23, 2006 11:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

 
At May 23, 2006 11:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»

 
At May 23, 2006 11:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

 
At July 31, 2007 8:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bismillah
Asalaam-u-Alaikum

yeah quite cool, id be interested in how that effect was achieved.

Sister in Islam

 

Post a Comment

<< Home