Enter your Email

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Youth Group Film Project

Bismillah ar-Rahmaan ar-Raheem,


I traveled to the local Masjid today to present the film idea to the youth group. They seemed to be pretty excited on being part of movie making project. We came up with a theme, a storyline, and figured out who will be in front and behind the camera. Alhamdulillah, it went well. The film will be shot at the Masjid and it will take between 2 to 3 days to Sundays to film InshAllah.

I plan to start writing the script tomorrow. Some of the sisters offered two help with the sister lines InshAllah so I look forward to the help.

I remember when I was young, I use to be told that you can’t do this and that. I was told that I was too young and it really frustrated me. Actually, that frustration turned into a type of motivation, which inspired me to go after the numerous projects that I worked on in the past Alhamdulillah.

Overall, it looks like there is a balance of about 6 brothers and 6 sisters who volunteered to play roles in the film, with the rest of the youth group wanting to be extras and being part of the film crew.

I think if the group is serious about doing this, we can film a pretty cool movie. I really want to show them that they can accomplish so much even though they are looked upon as "youth". I still consider myself a "youth" and I yeah still get negativity when I come up crazy ideas (like starting a Muslim film company!) but I love it because I love proving that the success is from Allah (swt) and it doesn't matter what people think you can & can't do!
AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Looking to get married?
Visit Baba Ali's Muslim Marriage site halfourdeen.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home