Enter your Email

Saturday, October 06, 2007

Ramadan Hunger

Bismillah ar-Rahmaan ar-Raheem,

The lack of food and water during Ramadan really reminds me of how I take things for granted. There are so many people out there who have no idea where their next meal is coming from while we here in the west have so many food choices that we have a tough time figuring out what we want for iftar.

Today I was notified of a Muslim family in Africa where the father has passed away and the mother has been left with 11 children. I'm going to donate $1000 from the money gained from the Ummah Films DVD money for this and other families who are in similar tough situations InshAllah. The money is not going through a charity organization or anything like that but rather directly to these families since I know people who know them. I am telling the viewers about this since the money is from the sales of the DVDs.

Ummah Films is not a charity organization but rather the objective is to work on projects that impact the Ummah in a positive way. Being that this is Ramadan, I see the money better spent this way. Anyways, some people have asked where the funds for the DVD sales go to so there you go.

Just a reminder in case you forgot. Next time you're having iftar, try to remember you blessings because there are people in far worse situations than you. Sometimes we get caught up in our lives and we think our situation is tough but if you travel to the poor parts of the world, you're definition of tough will change. If you know of orphans and needy people, please try to help them InshAllah....Muslim or not.

Allah gives and forgives
Man gets and forgets

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at ali@ummahfilms.com
AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Looking to get married?
Visit Baba Ali's Muslim Marriage site halfourdeen.com

2 Comments:

At October 06, 2007 5:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Salaam Ahlykoem,

May Allah (swt) bless you for your kindness.

It's a big reminder!! just 5 sec before I saw the message I was planning to go to the store because I thought there is nothing in my kitchen that I want for iftar...man was I wrong...

 
At October 08, 2007 8:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is wonderful, giving people like you that make the world a better place. May Allah bless you as you have blesses this family in need. You will indeed be rewarded for you caring i am sure. Thanks for the huge reminder.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home