Enter your Email

Thursday, December 07, 2006

New Reminder Video coming 12/15/06

Bismillah ar-Rahmaan ar-Raheem,

I never found my USB drive so I started over. This time I bought a laptop (which are a little harder to lose) and started from scratch. After a few weeks of traveling to different cities and guest speaking, losing all my data, its been kinda tough working on the Reminder but Alhamdulilah I am almost finish with writing the next video and I plan to film it soon. Sorry about the lack of posting so here are some updates and highlights to catch everyone up:

1. The next Reminder Video is premiering on 12/15/06. I might be able to debut in the Reminder screening this weekend (San Diego) if I somehow manage to write, film, and edit it by tomorrow InshAllah (I'm only 1/2 way done writing the ideas I want in this video so I'm not sure if I'll finish or not)

2. The shirts should be done by tomorrow evening InshAllah. I am going to pick them up from the printer InshAllah. I will post up links to purchase them by this Sunday InshAllah. Each size is limited in quantity so make sure you order your shirt before I'm out of your size (yeah this time I got small and medium too!)

3. The Reminder - Season 1 screening is this weekend in San Diego. I plan to be there InshAllah.

4. It looks like we've passed the 725,000 video views mark, which is amazing, Alhamdulillah. The success of these videos is ONLY because of Allah (swt). Please continue telling others about the video and help us get the word out about the next Reminder coming out next Friday.

5. Alhamdulillah, the emails are still pouring in and I'm still trying to answer them. Some of them are truly amazing and really have made an impact on me. Honestly, when I did these videos, I had no idea if anyone is going to watch them. There is no one even there when I film them as it just me sitting in a chair, talking to myself in the middle of the night..(haha..all of them are filmed at night...most of them late night) but when I read the emails afterwards, with viewer's telling me that the videos have reminded them or impacted them, it motivates me to continue making more of them. Here are just a few of the many emails I have received:

************************************************

As-Salaam o Alaikum! YOU ROCK!!!!!!! :D Because of your vlogs, I have decided to convert to Islam. You are a GREAT inspiration!! Keep up the wonderful work in Allah!

Khuda hafiz,
Rawdha

************************************************

I have seen everyone of your, videos, and I was happy with every one. I want you to know that you are making a great impact. Because of you, I have converted, and I live in Detroit. Not that that should mean anything, but it is a little rare. Anyway, I really wanted to see your conference in San Diego, but I live to far away.

You don't have to reply to this if you don't want to. Just know what you are doing is great. Assalamualaykum, my brother.

Alhamdilulah,

Yushua.


************************************************

I am an American Jew. Although I was raised a Jew, I do not accept all media and stereotypes as truth, and I have always tried to have an open mind. Your videos are brilliant, enlightening, and straight up educational (besides being really entertaining). I am grateful to you for bringing this side of Islam to light and I wish you continued success. What you are doing is VERY important, and I hope you realize the positive impact it is having.

FiddlinBenz

************************************************


As-salaam alaykum. My name is Bailey and I just wanted to thank you for all
the work that you do. I've watched all of your films on YouTube, and I will
continue to, and I think that what you are doing is wonderful. Thanks to
you, I have made the decision to convert to Islam. Currently, I am a
Christian (obviously, I do not practice it at the moment) and began to study
Islam out of pure curiosity and also for the novel I am writing. The more I
began to study Islam, the more appealing it became. I've had problems with
the Christian faith for a while, but I couldn't find a religion I believed
in, until I came across Islam. I'm currently studying the Qu'ran in English
(however, I am learning Arabic and Urdu at the moment) to make sure I really
do want to convert, and with the help of your blogs, I have become confident
in my decision.

Many thanks to you and may Allah bless you abundantly.

Khuda-hafiz,
Bailey


************************************************


Assalamu alaikum,

I'm writing this email just to let you know the PROFOUND INFLUENCE
your blog has had on me. In all actuality, I came upon the blog by
accident, through some random link I found on my friend's facebook
page. After meandering incessantly through 18 million web pages, I
fell upon it, and immediately I was intrigued. At 3 am, I sat and
watched all of the episodes; laughing, crying, and pondering the state
of the ummah as presented by you. And I came upon a conclusion;
everything you're saying is sad, but true - you tell it like is when
we're all trying to skirt around it. And no matter what IT is, you
step up and coherently, candidly, and cohesively explain..............

Thanks for all your teachings and I look forward to more.

Salam,
Maia


************************************************

There are hundreds of emails and I don't want to copy and paste all of them. I just wanted to say that I truly I am touched. I am not trying to convert anyone (there is no compulsion in Islam) so as Muslims we try to lead by example.

I have been making these videos assuming that only Muslims would watching. This is why I talk about issues that Muslims can relate too, with the hope of reminding everyone (starting with myself) of going back to practicing Islam correctly (instead of the way many of us do it now). As the emails have been pouring in, I have realized that there are many non-Muslims also watch and enjoy the videos, Alhamdulillah. How cool is that? :)

Although some of the videos have humor in them, almost all of them have a message behind it. Alhamdulillah it nice to know that people aren't just smiling but are thinking about what is being said as well. Maybe everyone, starting with myself, will be reminded of the silly things we do so we will think twice before we do them in the future. Instead, I hope we all try to increase our good deeds InshAllah.

JazkAllah khair for ALL your emails and please forgive me if I have said anything wrong. If I didn't respond to an email, please forgive me but I just wanted to let you know that I do read ALL the emails but sometimes it hards responding to each and very emails especially when emails come in while you're trying to respond to other emails. You know what I'm sayin'

your brother in Islam,

Ali
AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Looking to get married?
Visit Baba Ali's Muslim Marriage site halfourdeen.com

22 Comments:

At December 07, 2006 6:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats great I really look forward to your next video. I believe you can get up to 1,000,000 views InshAllah. Good luck and sorry you had to buy a laptop for all of this

 
At December 08, 2006 3:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Asslaamu Allykum wr wb,
subhanallah akhi may allah reward u for all ur efforts and everything you do ameen

 
At December 08, 2006 8:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Asalamou-alaikum! I second brother azam and we're really sorry about the laptop incident. Hopefully the popularity of ur GREAT shows will inshallah make u feel better as it made us feel better.. seriously me and my little sis were looking at this post about so many converts and i cant IMAGINE how much sawaab you must be getting Alhamdullilah!! I just wish maybe i could do something more than talking about Islam with my non-muslim freinds.. if you have any suggestions as to how to help out when ur in school and spread Islam please offer us some!

Allah Hafiz and jazakAllah brother!

 
At December 08, 2006 9:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Salam Alaykum,

Brother...

YOU ROCK!

I'm really really happy for you...Thanks a lot for everything...

May Allah (swt) bless you!

 
At December 08, 2006 1:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Assalamu Alaikum brother,

I knew that your videos were popular, but I had no idea that they helped individuals to accept Islam! Alhumdullilah! I am a recent convert to Islam and your videos have reinforced the importance of Islam's messages that everyone- whether convert or born muslim-should always strive to improve their faith no matter how much you think you know. keep up the amazing work!

salaam

 
At December 08, 2006 2:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow! that's really awesome and touching. i love ur videos and as we can tell, many others do too. keep it uP :-D and i look forward to watching more of ur Reminder videos. take care.

 
At December 08, 2006 3:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yall are great. I have sent out links to your videos on utube to everyone i know. I pray that you are able to continue this great work.

 
At December 09, 2006 12:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*Applause*

 
At December 09, 2006 3:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Salaam ahlykoem,

It's just wonderful to see how you inspire people to convert or learn more about Islam.

MashAllah, keep it up Inshallah.

 
At December 10, 2006 10:08 AM, Blogger Squeeky said...

Assalaamu Alaikum :)

Subhana'Allah ... may Allah Swt reward you

 
At December 10, 2006 12:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

are you serions??

MashAllah

 
At December 11, 2006 1:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mashallah brother. Thanks for putting my message up there. I appreciate it.

 
At December 11, 2006 10:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Assalamu 'alaykum

Masha Allah bro, keep it up!

Wassalam

A sister

 
At December 11, 2006 5:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Salamun alaykum,

mashAllah I am so proud of you. People become Muslims because of your clips. You have achieved the main purpose in life: To serve Allah (azza wa jall) showing them how beautiful Islam is.
I believe that there is so much Ihklas in your deed that it influences people.

Self-examination and self-criticism is missing in our community...Keep going inshallah

I am nothing but I keep praying for your success for the sake of Allah (azza wa jall)

We are behind you with our prayers...

May Allah (azza wa jall) always stay in the centre of your life...

Fi eman Allah
Zeyneb

 
At December 11, 2006 9:24 PM, Blogger Baba Ali said...

I speak to myself before I speak to anyone else. I have many faults and I pray to Allah (swt) to make me stronger and a better Muslim InshAllah.

 
At December 12, 2006 6:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Assalamu 'alaikum

Masha'Allah
Keep up the good work brothers, and may Allah reward you both and everyone else working to spread the Deen with Jannatul-Firdous.

:)

 
At December 13, 2006 3:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mashaAllah dear brother, you are a great inspiration and i always look forward to your videos. i particularly apreciated the hijab video..it shows how much you respect and love us sisters in Islam...Your sister Sofia

 
At December 14, 2006 9:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

subhanallah
may Allah keep u on the right path

 
At December 21, 2006 12:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

aslaam alaikum wr wb brother

inshaAllah u'r well. thankyou for posting these e-mails .. made my goosebumps go crazy lol .. my friend mashaAllah helped me in more ways than one to start salah at the age of 16 and i know how much sawab from Allah swt she will get for that and i love her and admire her for it ..

imagine how much people love and appreciate you and wish u well .. and away from evil people, and the media, and mortifying injustices such as guantanamo and cruel stuff like that ..

i know im not putting it very well but basically .. thnkyou for doing what ive always wanted to do. to show the world what muslims are REALLY like and make an impact and change the world somehow, one day inshaAllah.

thankyou .. once agen

p.s. i loved the letter from the 'american jew' .. that was really sweet ..

 
At December 24, 2006 7:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

aslamualikum brother,
Mashaallah ur indeed doing a great job .I m proud that there are people who can project things the way they really are.
I recently came to USA and i was surprised by the entire different muslim world here (may be because i never got to meet practicing muslims )diff people from diff corners of world but ur vedios relly re emerged that feeling that true ISLAM is indeed practied by some people and itz just ISLAM that unites all of us .
Brother I wish u good luck to go ahead . May Allah give success to u in this world and here after . I ll pray for u brother that u keep carrying on the good work May Allah choicest blessings be on u.

 
At December 28, 2006 11:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brother Ali,
I salute your efforts and hope that God will reward you for all of them.

Brother, I believe that your style of presentation can be used more effectively in conveying more of the fundemental issues facing muslims in the West, which relate to tolerance of our fellow non-muslim neighbors, and taking tolerance one step further, and to fully integrate within our local communities as Muslim Americans, Canadians, Brits, spaniards etc where we remain Muslim, but integrated within our communities. Our parents' generation has been traditionally fearful of integration and have emphasised 'us' and 'them' attitudes that I believe have been leading us into trouble.

As muslims we are responsible for our local communities, be it Muslim or not. The prophet (S) has left us with a different sunnah during his initial 15 years residing in Mecca, when muslims were a minority and weak. That is far more applicable to our lives here today than the sunnah of the Prophet (s) after hijra. It promotes working with the local non muslim community, integrating within that community, giving to the community while strongly following our faith. There is more to come.. I will write later..

There is quite a

 
At April 03, 2007 9:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i can honestly say that your videos have inspired me as new convert the mosques that i go to arnt very helpful because tere moslty male but these videos really open up my eyes to how beautiful islam is and has also inspired me to help others and explain to them about islam and how we should not take it for granted, thank you soooooooo mucho

salmaa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home